DACA Announcement Breakdown,SEPT 5, 2017
As of today, the official memo that created the program has been rescinded. The next six months, the Department of Homeland Security will be phasing out the program as outlined by the following:
- If you currently have DACA you will be able to use your work permit until it expires.
- If your DACA expires between now and March 5, 2018 you CAN renew but you must
- If your initial DACA or renewal application is pending with USCIS right now it will be processed as normal.
- Initial DACA applications sent after today will not be accepted.
- If you have been granted Advance Parole as of today it will remain valid. However, CPB still retains their discretion on these re-entries.
- If you have a pending Advance Parole application it will not be granted and you will be refunded your money